Take time to recharge

Tuesday, March 9, 2010


Can you believe it? We are already at St. Patty’s day this year. Time is sure moving fast and we need to catch up. So what have you done for yourself today? As a Mommy, I always do stuff for the little ones the school, work, my hubby and the dog and never get to me. But we need to take care of ourselves or we cannot take care of our families.

If you enjoy working in the garden then that’s a great release. It has to be done and yet it can be your escape. You can still watch the little ones play while you tend to the garden and slip into the world of nature. Smell the soil, work the earth, smell the plants, see the butterflies.

If you like horses, then steal away and mount up. The weather is bright and crisp, a good day to steal an hour for a good ride. It is expensive but it sure beats paying a shrink. At least a horse is my therapy when I can get away for a bit.

If cooking is your passion, then make a meal or a cake for no reason that the love of the art. If we put off for tomorrow then it may never come. Make the meal for yourself for your family. Make the special cupcakes your daughter likes with the sparkles just because you have fun making it. Or make the cookies the boys like because they are so fancy when Mom makes them and you love to escape in the process.

If you are like my girlfriend, she looks at my Arbonne webpage and orders some Spa things to escape for an hour and be spoiled. Her husband even calls and asks me to send some of her favorite stuff just because he knows she needs a bit of down time. And yes by the end of the bath, her littlest one plunges in to take advantage of the bubbles. But by then Mommy has had at least some time to recharge.

Now once you are recharged lets talk about spring cleaning. That’s my next blog. I am going to help you be organized, ready and able to take on the world. Follow me to a better you, more informed and happier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like my post?

A Mom's Life Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino