Hockey Equipment Cleaning Tip

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hockey Moms,


I think I have a solution for the stinky protective gear. First, stink is caused by bacteria that love moist places. Our kids stuff gets moist just by being used. They need to wear it to get protection but they do not need that stinky smell. You need to let them dry thoroughly. That means not in the back of the car or piled on the floor. I made a mannequin out of scrape wood and wire we had. Not that pretty but I can store the gear on it and know I have not lost anything. The wire on most of it lets the air circulate around the equipment and dry it out.

When I have a long break between practice and games, I use a solution of bleach and warm water to rub on the equipment. That seems to kill much of the smell. When I do not have time for that, which is usually the case, I spray the equipment with a natural disinfectant. I use  Mela-magic by Melanuca product that kills germs. On the mannequin, I dry out the equipment and yeah the smell is gone.  Contact me on how to get this product if you like.

I have a little guy in the atom or mite division and they are picky about the smell of things. As they get older I think they just think it is natural but I will see how long I can keep battling the stink. Let me know what you do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do you like my post?

A Mom's Life Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino